Home EstimateDesignInstall Inspection Q & A Links Contact Us  
Answer: It will vary depending on your building and water department requirements. Many times the water department (at your cost) will tap into the existing main and run the new fire supply line to your property line. If that occurs, it is your responsibility to hire a licensed contractor to continue the fire line into the building. Many jurisdictions allow a licensed contractor to do all of it. If you hire a contractor to install your underground fire line be certain that they are either a licensed fire sprinkler contractor with a N.I.C.E.T Level III stamp or a license utility contractor with a Washington State Level U stamp. Typically, contractors that go to the extent to obtain these qualifications are competent in their work and will provide you with a quality job.
American Sprinkler Corporation 2004. All Rights Reserved.